Friday, May 18, 2012

May 18, 2012, Moab, Utah

I will try this again.  This is the third time I have started this blog tonight.  The internet has been really slow and spotting, so I keep losing my place.  As you can see, we are in Moab.  Got here about 3:00 yesterday.  Drove most of the day, which is unusual for us.  I even got to drive for about an hour.  It was almost all freeway, so wasn't too hard.
The weather here has been a little cooler than we have been having.  Today started overcast and windy, but the clouds did go away.  The wind did not, so made it cooler for the hikes, but kind of like being on the beach almost any time.
We did a few hikes in Arches National Park.  I think this is one of my favorite parks.  The scenery is so awesome and the colors are fantastic.
This is Balance Rock.  A nice walk around the base.  Then, next is the Three Gossips., then comes Delicate Arch.  It was quite a walk out to the view point.  The last picture is Double Arch.  We took a ranger guided walk to here.  I just can't believe the different rock sculptures. Wind and rain are great artists.
Tomorrow we are going to Canyonlands  National Park.  It is a great place for 4 wheel driving.  But is sure shakes you up.  Then it will be back to Arches for the solar eclipse Sunday night.  Hope I can get some pictures, but don't want to burn out my camera. 
Til later.

No comments:

Post a Comment