Sunday, May 20, 2012

Canyonlands. May 19

No internet, so I wrote the blog on word, but couldn't get it to transfer.  So I am sitting in a coffee shop in Moab trying to do this before my computer runs out of battery.
We had a great time yesterday running on very off road roads.  I like to do it once in awhile, but don't understand people doing it all the time.  My innards are still shaking.  Though the views were awesome.  So was the road.  I think we did the Grand Canyon thing in a truck.  Some of the switchbacks were so tight we had to back up and inch our way around.  Been nice if we had had a smaller car.
Now for the pictures.  We did see one of the monoliths in the distance, and the Colorado River.  Didn't make it down to the river bank and didn't see any rafters.  Thought there are lots of places to book rafting trips.  There is even a place for hot air balloon rides, but Marv wasn't interested, thank heavens.  I would have had to stay home.  There is no way I'm going up in a balloon.
The last picture is part of the road we took from the canyon floor to the rim.  Gulp!



Tonight we are going to a ranger program for the eclipse and tomorrow we heard for Ouray, Colorado to visit with college friends.
Til later.


No comments:

Post a Comment